Thank you for visiting our For Sale By Owner (FSBO) page in our website and how we can help you as a home seller trying to sell your house yourself. Here is a brief video to share with you my personal experiences selling my houses myself and what happened… we can also provide all the documents you need for selling your house, and give you some options for selling your house quicker as well as some statistics about FSBOs. At any time you can pause this video and fill out the form right below the video with any questions about selling your house yourself – they will come directly to me and I will be happy to give you a prompt response with any advice in helping you find a buyer quickly.
INSERT FSBO VIDEO
Below is basically the same information as the video – in case if you’d like read it instead of watching it.
For Sale by Owner in Arizona
I can definitely relate to you for wanting to sell your house yourself… like me when I started you probably either wanted to save money without paying the Realtor commissions, didn’t know who to use to list your house, thought it would be an easy task, didn’t want to bother anyone with your personal finance issues – especially if you’re going through foreclosure or find yourself in a short-sale situation, or no one could ever do it better than you or you knew someone who already wanted to buy your house! These are all good reasons to start the FSBO process and I’d like to share with you my experiences as a home owner selling my own house.
I started in real estate in 2003 and just like you, I figured that I would save a lot of money by not using a real estate agent because I had multiple homes to sell… I didn’t really know a good Realtor I could trust to market my homes effectively to sell them fast… no one else of course was better than me and I KNEW for sure I could do it better – even though I had never sold a house in my entire life!
Well I learned a lot… I quickly found myself with several homes on my hands that weren’t selling quickly… I didn’t understand because I was putting a sign in the yard with my phone number, I had flyers and post cards going out to the neighborhood and I even had a website! I had some traffic coming to the website and a couple calls a week from the signs and typically just more people needing to sell their home from my marketing efforts… while that was nice for business it didn’t help me actually sell the home. So I consulted with a local real estate agent and learned some great statistics that I’d like to share with you about how much money I was missing out on by not having my property marketed correctly and priced correctly – those statistics were for 2003 and 2004, so I will share with you these from 2010.
- Homes sold with the help of a real estate professional in 2010 sold on average for 29.8 percent more than FSBO sales. The median FSBO selling price was $140,000, compared with $199,300 for agent-assisted transactions. That’s a difference of sixty thousand dollars!!! Just think about how much money you might be leaving on the table and out of your pocket!
- Realtors® add value to the real estate transaction; they can expose homes to thousands of more buyers locally, nationally and internationally that will save owners time and money throughout the home selling process.
- We Realtors® sell hundreds of homes over the course of our careers, compared to the average person who may only move a handful of times during their lifetime. So even though I thought I knew better starting off as a real estate investor, real estate agents and Realtors® have the experience homeowners need to sell their home.
- I found out, and you’re probably finding out this too, selling a home is a full-time job. Unrepresented sellers often don’t understand the complexity, range and timing of tasks they’ll have to perform. In a competitive market, sellers need every advantage they can get when competing with other homes for sale, the MLS, short-sales and bank owned properties.
- Today, buyer qualifications have become more complicated in a tougher credit market, adding to the already intricate transaction process. Real estate agents are required to obtain proof of funds from all buyers before presenting an offer… so it drastically limits that amount of time wasted with tire kickers and wishful dreamers who can’t actually afford to buy your house.
So needless to say I had myself quite a learning experience with my for sale by owner in Arizona. I found out that the amount of extra time I was holding onto a home and not selling it in contrast to the amount of it took my Realtor to sell my homes ended up saving me THOUSANDS of dollars in extra holding costs… not only that, but they knew exactly how much my home was worth and busted their butts to get top dollar for my houses, increasing my profits by THOUSANDS of dollars also! So I found out that there were actually people who knew more about selling homes than I did and it actually made me more money and saved me tons of time selling my homes to list with a Realtor than it did trying to do it on my own – which is probably your goal too.
Now, I don’t want to discourage you from selling your home by yourself… it’s probably the best way to learn – just like I did – how valuable a real estate professional can be when the time comes that you want to list your house for sale. In fact, I’d be happy to share with you a few tips on selling your home a little quicker.
- Most of today’s buyers are online – nine out of 10 recent buyers used the Internet in their home search – and while you as an unrepresented seller have no access to major online marketing avenues such as REALTOR.com and other Web sites with large pools of listings to which buyers are attracted – there are sites that cater to unrepresented sellers, their total listings are in the tens of thousands in contrast with nearly 4 million homes showcased on REALTOR.com. So make sure you are doing online marketing.
- Unrepresented sellers have no access to fundamental marketing services, such as a Multiple Listing Service, and cannot list their homes there. There are services where you can list for a flat fee – we can do that for you too, but again you still don’t have any representation or someone watching your back to have your best interest in mind.
- In addition to today’s challenging marketplace, owners who try to sell their homes on their own face the increasing complexity of the transaction process, with more disclosures and legal requirements than ever before; often underestimate the amount of time required to market and show their property; often overestimate the value of their property; and must deal with security concerns about strangers having access to their home. So make sure you take the time to educate yourself on all the disclosures and legal requirements of selling a home.
If and when you decide to list your house for sale – please consider using my services. As market leaders in online exposure and advertising, here is a list of things that we will do just for you.
- We will have a professional sign showcased in your front yard
- We will have a professional photographer take classy pictures of your home to be featured in all advertisements
- We will take professional HD videos of your house to be featured on YouTube, Virtual Videos, Facebook, LinkedIn and more
- We will have a Realtor lock box secured at your home allowing convenient showings of your house throughout regular business hours, even if you’re not available to be home
- We will feature your property for sale in over 50 websites locally, nationally and internationally
- We will write blogs and online advertisements specifically for your house getting you top rankings in Google, Bing, Yahoo, and other major search engines
- We will feature your property in our listings section of this website
- Your home will be featured on the 2nd page of Arizona’s premier real estate magazine, HOMES AND LAND
- And, we also do traditional forms of advertising such as postcards, classified ads, magazine as and more when necessary
Another thing that we will do for you is allow you to keep marketing your property for sale… if you sell the property then you don’t owe us a commission! You’ll only pay a commission if we effectively bring a buyer and close on your house.
We do have a variety of options available for selling your home that range between flat fee listings and full service listings. Use the contact us form to the right and let us know that you’re interested in learning more about our different listing services.
Eighteen percent of FSBO sellers that we’ve interviewed have indicated that preparing the home for sale was the most difficult task when selling without the assistance of an agent, followed closely by understanding and performing paperwork and selling within their desired time frame.
Even if you’re not ready to list your home with us, but you have more questions… feel free to contact us today about selling your house with any questions that you might have about selling your house.